Friday 25 March 2011

Sleek Avoir La Peche Collection Review & Swatches

So I have been a naughty blogger and have neglected my poor little blog for many months! I have been working on another blog (blog slut I know!) which has been taking up a lot of my time.


So anyway, apologies over and my inspiration for re-starting this blog is the fact that yesterday I purchased 2 thirds of the new Sleek Avoir La Peche collection! I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and assume the 'peche' means peach and not fishing. Wow a rare occasion to put my french GCSE to use. But I digress. 


I went to Superdrug and they had the I-Divine palette and the blush but not the Pout Polish in stock (boo) but I quickly headed to the internet to order the pout polish, along with £55 worth of other goodies, which should be here by Monday.


So firstly, the I-Divine palette in Paraguaya. The I-Divine palettes are a HUGE favourite of mine, amazing value for amazing product and this one is no exception. It is made up of mainly peach and apricot tones (go figure) with a couple of neutral shades as well as 2 taupe based contour shades. There is a mixture of matte and shimmer finishes with maybe a satin finish thrown in there for good measure.


 I thought the box packaging on this was beautiful but unfortunately, unlike the blush, the actual palette is the usual plain black.

Colours L-R Top Row - Parfait, Blush, Cameo, Persian Orange, Peach Gold, Sandstone
Colours L-R Bottom Row - Bellini, Redstone, Persimmon, Tangelo, Bittersweet, Stone

Parfait is a beautiful sparkling pink lemonade type of shade. It applies like a dream (as do all Sleek shimmers) and the payoff is second to none.

Blush is a baby pink that leans more towards being red toned than blue, as do most of these shades. This is a matte finish and with every palette they release I see Sleek getting better and better with their matte shadows. This applies really smoothly and it incredibly easy to blend.

Cameo is basically Blush with a tan. Same formula and finish, just as easy to work with but a couple of shades darker.

Persian Orange is AMAZING, it is one of them colours that looks scary but actually is really wearable. Once on the eye the gold shimmer kind of takes over and leaves a fantastic burnt gold effect. Gorgeous.

Peach Gold actually really reminds me of their Rose Gold blush if it were a few shades darker and more orange. It has that golden sheen running right through it and when it catches the light it just glows.

Sandstone is basically a highlight colour. A matte off white colour slightly pinky toned. Works well as a brow highlight on fair/light skins.
Colours L-R Top Row - Parfait, Blush, Cameo, Persian Orange, Peach Gold, Sandstone
Colours L-R Bottom Row - Bellini, Redstone, Persimmon, Tangelo, Bittersweet, Stone



Bellini is a creamy coloured shimmer, I have found it to work best on the inner corner or as a highlight but it could be a good all over lid colour blended out with maybe Persian Orange or Peach Gold.

Redstone is another matte shade which is once again well pigmented and very smooth. Much more orange based than the 2 shades above it, would look amazing on a bronzed skin.

Persimmon is a fantastic matte coral. I haven't seen many shades like this, usually a coral shade is shimmery so this is a refreshing change and I think it really works.

Tangelo. Wow. This is a crazy shade! Unbelievable pigmentation for a matte shadow and ridiculously bright. This shade wouldn't look out of place in the Acid palette. A total summer shade.

Bittersweet is a sort of cool toned grey taupe colour which really compliments the warm shades in this palette. It gives great definition to the eye socket without being too heavy.

Stone is the token dark shade, however unusually it is not a black. It is a dark browny taupe colour and again compliments the peach tones really well. I think it is a really great choice for Sleek not to just throw in a black to finish the palette with this one, it shows they have really thought about what colours will co-ordinate the best here.

Colours L-R Top Row - Parfait, Blush, Cameo, Persian Orange, Peach Gold, Sandstone
Colours L-R Bottom Row - Bellini, Redstone, Persimmon, Tangelo, Bittersweet, Stone


Overall I think this palette is perfect for spring/summer as it is different to the usual offerings of neutral colours and coral shimmers with a pop of blue thrown in. There are colours in this palette that will suit all skin colours, but in particularly I think on tanned/asian/black skin they will really pop out.

Paraguaya Palette is available at Superdrug stores in the UK and online at www.sleekmakeup.com for £6.49.

The other item I managed to nab from this collection is the blush. Sleek blushes are my favourites. Seriously, my MAC blushes stay untouched when these babies are around. Pigmentation, amazing, colours, amazing, price, AMAZING! What more can a girl want?

The blush in this collection is an apricot colour called Pan Tao. It is a matte blush that is very orange toned.

Love the fact the packaging on the blush has the artwork. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging, why else would I watch a Jake Gyllenhaal movie? 




So the blush, as you can see is a corally apricot shade. The shade can be built up so it suits all skin types. I have very fair skin and so a little of this goes a long way but I think for darker skins a little layering, this will make you glow.


Left - Swatched straight from pan
Right - Blended into skin

So as you can see the straight swatch looks really orangey but once blended becomes more of an orange based coral instead. Again, perfect for summer to warm up the complexion.

The blush once again didn't disappoint, pigmented, beautiful colour, easy to blend, perfect for most skin tones.

Pan Tao blush  is available at Superdrug stores in the UK and online at www.sleekmakeup.com for £4.30.

I am waiting on the Sugar May Pout Polish which was also released with this collection and as soon as I have it I will post a quick review on that too. I also have the Primer Palette to review, the Bad Girl palette and the Molten Metals on their way along with a few other bits from Sleek. I'll try keep the blog a bit more alive from now on, stick with me!

Ciao Bella's  x 

3 comments:

bella said...

great! thanks for the swatches! I'm getting very interested in the blush :) love me a good peachy blush! :D

jet_black said...

It is really gorgeous. I have used it a couple of times on my NW15 skin and I used it on my friend who is NC30/35 and it looked amazing on both!

Laura Quinn said...

Oh gosh, I soooo want Persimmon on my lids <3